Wednesday 28 May 2014

Is that a catheter in your pants or are you just happy to see me?!

Blogging has taken a massive back-step over the last month due to illness, in fact everything has stopped in its tracks.

I never would have thought that after a minor operation my bladder would have just stopped working due to a reaction to the anaesthetic, especially as I am only 28 years old and pretty healthy!

I've had the worst month of my life, I can't remember the last time I had a proper nights sleep without getting tangled in tubes through the night as they wrap around my legs when I toss and turn. 
AndI have never wanted to sit on the toilet and do a wee like normal as much as I do now!! :( 

Instead, if I want to go out of the house I need to plan what to wear so no one can see a large plastic bag hanging from my leg, which slowly fills up with urine without you even noticing! 
It's been much better for me since the weather has got wet and chilly, I can wear a flowing dress with leggings underneath and you can't see anything until I sit down and the bulge is more prominent. Last week when it was super hot it was a nightmare, no shorts or short skirts for me so I just stayed away from human life rather than roast in leggings and a top!

This will kind of give you an idea of what I am dealing with right now......



Attractive right?!!!

Has anyone thought about designing a clothing range for the catheter concious?!! If not there is definitely a niche in the market that must be filled! I've seen that people have designed pretty bags for the catheter bags to go into but that isn't what I need,I need a long dress with a built in bag and tubes that lie flat when you sit down preferably with a sense of invisibility about them.

I was invited to the seaside to stay with a friend to have a break from this month long mentally and physically draining problemo, then I realised just what I would have needed to pack for the short trip.... it then just didn't seem worth it until I was better!




I do try and think about the positives I have found a genius way to use any leftover bags when I am better!!


Genius!!




No comments:

Post a Comment