Saturday 19 April 2014

Helpless romntic

I am a helpless romantic, I always have been. 
From writing secret little notes to creating a mix tape. I love it.

'I lay my head onto the sand,
The sky resembles  black-lit canopy with holes punched in it.
I'm counting UFO's, 
I signal them with my lighter
And in this moment I am happy, happy....'

Incubus - Wish you were here.


I picture everyday situations in rose tinted glasses like a scene from a Rom Com, the only thing that is missing is the soundtrack for everyone else to hear.

A hailstorm comes over when we're looking out across a canal, sunshine just glinting through the clouds as the tiny balls of ice hop and bounce at our feet. Time stands still, no one is around and with that peace, I feel it starting, the scene begins, my Rom-com is about to take action... 
All that is needed is for my boyfriend to wrap his arms around me, kiss me on the neck and to share that romantic moment with me... But he doesn't.

Whereas most people see a bonfire, I see a magnitude of colours and crackles of sound, twinkles of light, fireflies escaping to fly into the black lit sky and an overwhelming sense of romance. Those are the times I need someone to love me, someone to hold onto, to share those moments with me, a helpless romantic.



Dictionary definitions vary for the word 'Romance', but what they all agree on is that to be romantic is to indulge in fanciful stories or daydreams, and that is definitely me.

The problem is not many other people share in this daydreaming life....







No comments:

Post a Comment