Sunday 20 April 2014

natural instinct

Age gap or age cavern? and where do you draw the line?

The late Anthony Quinn was 81 when he impregnated a 19 year old, Tony Randall was 75 when he married his 24 year old wife and Playboy founder Hugh Hefner married his third wife who is 60 years his junior. 




So... you've fallen for an older guy, you are in your late 20's whilst he is early 40's and you realise, although the age gap isn't so bad now, give it 20 years time the difference might just be more prominent. You could still be hard at work whilst he's queuing up at the Post Office to collect his pension, and that's when reality checks in. Or does it?

Yes my boyfriend is older than me, fifteen years to be precise, but I'm no gold digger, if you saw me you would realise I'm not exactly 'arm candy', and I don't have daddy issues, so why am I so attracted to a man much older than myself?

Other than the fact he is the most charming man I have met for a very very long time, he is utterly gorgeous but more importantly...why is he interested in me?




Most women will admit that they want a strong man who can stand his own ground. Back in 'cave man times', this meant the man could feed his family and protect them from predators. 
Women are now taught to be independent, we can pop to the shops for our food and if we need protecting we can always call the Police, however, you cannot change human instinct, human nature, and as a woman I still want a man to be big enough and strong enough to wrap his arms around me and protect me for what life throws at me. 
He can do more than that.

Real women want more from a man than 'just a fling', they want experienced, unselfish lovers in the bedroom, they need the respect and appreciation they deserve, and in my experience this is usually only found in men over the age of 30. An older man isn't into 'playing games', he's been there and he's done that.

He has more life experiences than me and with that comes a better understanding of relationships. It turns the usual conversations into something better balanced and it makes a big difference in how we relate to one another compared with other relationships I have been in.
So actually I'm not worried about what the future holds for this relationship, I can always put him in a home if he gets too much!!


Other gorgeous over 40's out there who you wouldn't think twice about dating!!



Gerard Butler age 45


Hugh Jackman age 46


Johnny Depp aged 51


Russell Crowe aged 50





No comments:

Post a Comment